Missouri Resource Guide
Purpose of the Resource Guide: To create a comprehensive Missouri and Metro East St. Louis human trafficking resource guide to be used by social service providers, justice system officials, healthcare providers, and other practitioners for referral information about social and legal services to assist human trafficking survivors
Service Areas Included: 12 services areas, drawn from existing research identifying top needs of human trafficking survivors, and additional areas as suggested by CATE members, including
- Shelters (adult),
- Shelters/residential homes (youth),
- Legal services,
- Language access/translation services,
- Drop-in centers,
- 24-hour hotlines, including crisis lines
- Counseling and therapy
- Substance use/addiction services,
- Employment services,
- Food pantries
- HT education/ training options,
- HT prevention information
Navigating the Guides:
- When you click on any county guide, you will see an interactive table of contents. You may click on any line in the table of contents to easily move to the section of interest.
- Resources included typically serve a broader population. There are very few trafficking specific options in the state across all the service categories in the guides.
- To search for trafficking specific services (recommended when possible) search * in each guide. Because there are limited services available across the region, organizations that often overlap with trafficking survivors’ needs are included in this guide, but are not a substitute for trafficking-specific services.
- Resources are organized by county, however, note that organizations in other counties were sometimes included in the guides. See eligibility/ restrictions/ service population, “located in x county, but serves x county”. You may also want to click on neighboring counties for further resource options.
Disclaimers: CATE cannot specifically endorse or validate organizations listed in the county resource guides. Names, contact information and description of services are being provided for ease of identifying potential resources. If you are aware of an organization that should not be included in the guide, please contact CATE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search by County:
- Calhoun (Illinois)
- Cape Girardeau
- Cass (KC Metro Area–Jackson, Cass, Clay and Platte)
- Clay (KC Metro Area–Jackson, Cass, Clay and Platte)
- Clinton (Illinois)
- Clinton (Missouri)
- Macoupin (Illinois)
- Madison County (Illinois)
- Madison (Missouri)
- Monroe (Illinois)
- Monroe (Missouri)
- St. Charles
- St. Clair (Illinois)
- St. Clair (Missouri)
- Ste. Genevieve
- St Francois
- St. Louis City/County
Did we miss you? Is something incorrect or does something need updating? We need your help! The ongoing quality of this guide depends on the community. The creators of the guides strived for accuracy in this the guides, however, if we missed you, and your organization would like to be part of the resource guide(s), or if you have information to add or change about a listing, email email@example.com. With 123 county guides, errors are possible and are unintentional.
Acknowledgements: Special thanks to the creators of these guides, most of whom are social workers with full time jobs working in the field: Heidi Volkl, Clementine Obama, Lauren Peffley, Kourtney Gilbert, Ellen Reed, Emi Wyland, Stephanie Hudson, Megan Owens, Eryn Carter, Hannah Langsam and Andrea Nichols. Thanks to MCAHT for funding the development of these guides, and the Gephardt Institute for supporting a prior iteration of the St. Louis Metro guide. Thanks to MU Extension faculty and individuals/organizations that reviewed and provided feedback on the guides. Thanks to CATE for providing feedback, updating, maintaining, and housing the guide.