Healing Action VISTA Intermediary Project
Healing Action has been awarded an AmeriCorps VISTA Intermediary grant and are looking for anti-trafficking organizations and victim service providers to partner with. Applying to federal programs can be a daunting task. To assist agencies who may benefit tremendously from a VISTA, Healing Action will sub-grant VISTA members to qualified non-profits.
What is a VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA was created to build sustainability of nonprofits working towards alleviating poverty on various levels. VISTA members serve full time for one year, working to build infrastructure and capacity for nonprofits. VISTAs work primarily in this capacity-building focus and do not engage in direct service.
Some things that VISTAs have done for Healing action include:
- Assisted with the development and maintenance of a robust grants program, increasing revenues by 300%
- Assisted with the development of departmental/organizational policies and procedures, develop/coordinate projects, improving direct service and administrative advocacy.
- Increased donors and community partnerships through events, community outreach, volunteer programs, and ongoing stewardship activities.
Host Agencies must provide the following to their VISTA:
- Recruit VISTA Member
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Onsite Training
- Technology needed to do the job
- Ongoing Supervision
- Annual $250 professional development stipend
- bi-annual progress reports
- Small administrative monthly fee
Potential subsites express interest to Healing Action by calling Jason Seward at 314-499-0808 or emailing Jason@healingaction.org.
There will be an initial meeting to learn more about the program and assess organization for program fit. Invited subsites will complete a brief application that includes:
- Application cover page
- Narrative (4 pages)
- Program Budget
- Letter of Acknowledgement from Board of Directors
- Formal Memorandum of Understanding after application approval.